Leading people to follow Jesus, be changed by Jesus, and commit to the mission of Jesus… because lives are at stake
Our Strategy: The Big 3
Because our lives are overly busy becoming crowded with activities and events, we fight to keep things simple. Thus, all we do at Lakeland are THE BIG 3.
1. WORSHIP SERVICES – because the bible encourages us to “not stop gathering together” we aim to fill our services with exciting, contemporary worship as well as thought provoking, real and relevant messages based on the Bible. We pray our services are a place where you can consistently meet God and allow Him to lead you into the abundant life. Check out some past MESSAGES.
2. GROUPS – there are 59 “one anothers” in the New Testament. Simply stated, we know that holistic growth as Christians won’t happen outside of intentional relationships. That’s why small groups is not just a program Lakeland has…it’s all we have and it’s all we do. If you want to grow in your walk with God, it’s time to get in a group. Check out our GROUPS.
3. SERVE – we believe that everyone has not just a role to play, but a critical role to play in the church. We desire to see your talents, passions, and spiritual gifts collide in a place serving that is life giving to you and beneficial to everyone else. Sign up to SERVE.
1. LIFE-CHANGING – We eagerly anticipate God changing us. We won’t accept the status quo. We persistently pursue God’s healing, restoring, and growing of us in order to be more mature Jesus followers.
What steps are you taking in your personal growth with Jesus?
2. RELEVANT – The Bible and Jesus are eternally awesome. We aim to creatively present the truth in a real and relevant way.
How is the real and relevant Jesus seen in your life?
3. REACHING – We’ll do anything short of sin to reach the unengaged individuals in our community.
What person are you currently reaching out to?
4. AUTHENTIC – We are real, authentic, cry-when-you-hurt, dance-when-you’re-happy, be your real-self-in-front-of-others type people.
Are you sharing the “real you” with others?
5. KINGDOM-MINDED – We are all about God’s bigger kingdom work! The local church is the primary vehicle for bringing the hope of Christ to the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
How can you support another church, ministry or local organization?
6. SIMPLE – We keep it simple. We’re not going to waste our time, spend our money, or over complicate…from programs to facility we’re not about the flash but the function.
Are you investing your time, talent, and resources in what matters?
7. EXCITING – We reject the notion that church is boring. Life in Christ is nothing short of the greatest thing on the planet. So when we gather, worship is exciting, serving is fun, and we can be genuinely “that happy.”
Are you engaged in the fun of the church?
8. EXCELLENCE – We’re not ok with “ok”. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
How are you improving the place where you serve?