Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: When is the appropriate time to decorate for Christmas? When should all the decorations be put away by?
REFERENCE: Luke 1:26-38
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one really good memory you have about a past Christmas? What made it special?
- What does it mean to be “highly favored?”
- If God singles out people like Mary as “highly favored,” does that mean others are not? How can we know
this promise of favor is for every believer in Christ?
- What about your current circumstances will make this Christmas season difficult? Is there anything you are not looking forward to?
- What could bring peace to your current circumstances?
- Do you need to let go of what you thought was going to happen and embrace what God wants to do in your life, even if it doesn’t feel anywhere close to being favored?
- Read Romans 8:28. Do you have faith that God is working for good in the middle of these not-so-great circumstances? Or are you upset that it’s taking Him this long?
- Pray right now, out loud, for one another. Declare that God is with you, working for your good and that you are blessed and highly favored.