The Sacred Secular Divide- Ministry and the Marketplace
- This week we talked about bringing the Sacred into our work. For fun, share one of the most unique jobs you ever worked.
- What insights, aha moments, or discussions did the message bring out for you?
- There were 3 Big Ideas the Pastor Josh talked about in regard to the Sacred Secular Divide in the Marketplace/ work lives. Discuss each idea and questions associated with each.
- Idea #1- work within the time we’ve been given. Eph. 5:15-16. How is your attitude toward each day impacted by the idea that you were made to redeem those moments for His kingdom?
- Idea #2- work as if you’re serving the Lord. Col. 3:22-24/ 1 Cor. 7:17. What type of attitude adjustment do you need to make to serve and work like you’re working for God instead of man?
- Idea #3- work with the correct perspective as a Christian in our culture. Jeremiah 29:1, 4-7. Pastor Josh talked about the Jerusalem Perspective versus the Exilic Perspective. As exiles (1 Peter 2:11-12) how does that impact your strategy in culture and in the workplace? Do you work diligently, competently, and humbly to bring peace and prosperity to your place of work?