Out of the Quiet: October 26-27, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
REFERENCE: Chapter 12 of Leading Me by Steve A. Brown
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one goal that you set and achieved?
- What is one goal or resolution you set that didn’t last very long?
- What is a trigger that tempts you to lose traction or give up on a goal?
- Share one goal you would like to go after.
- Work through the elements of the plan Leading Me outlines in relation to what you shared in question #3 above:
- Objective Statement
- Future Vision
- Inspiring Verse
- Current Reality
- Competing Commitments
- Action Plan and Timeline
- Resources Needed
- What might make it difficult for you to achieve your goals (time, logistics, people) and what can you to overcome those challenges?
- Behavior outcome questions are focused on how you handled various situations versus whether you were simply right or wrong. How can focusing on behavior (something more like a habit) rather than outcome-based questions help you achieve your goal?
- How will completing your goal change your life?
Close in prayer.