Out of the Quiet: October 19 – 20, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
REFERENCE: Chapter 11 of Leading Me by Steve A. Brown
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one of your major pet peeves?
- How do you feel about conflict?
- What is your default approach when dealing with conflict? Avoiding, accommodating, compromising, collaborating, or competing?
- What are some rules or beliefs your parents or family members had while you were growing up that you didn’t necessarily subscribe to? Do these continue to work against your own beliefs or objectives?
- What is an area you have wanted to grow in but feel stuck? Can you identify what assumptions might be holding you back?
- Complete one of the following statements that best fits your current situation:
“I’m not able to commit yet because ___ ,”
“I’m not able to serve yet because ____ ,”
“I’m not able to give yet because ____ .”
- What was described as your reasoning or justification is usually a good indication of what your priority is, and most likely is a competing commitment (a belief or behavior in conflict with our growth in Christ). What strategic moves can you take to make Christ a priority in this area?
Close in prayer.