All Rise: January 25 & 26, 2020
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
ICEBREAKER: Describe an item of clothing you wore over and over as a kid.
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Romans 12:9-21
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is the silliest thing anyone has gotten mad at you for? Or the most ridiculous fight or disagreement you’ve ever been a part of?
- Read Romans 12:9-18. What would look different in our world if we all practiced Biblical Honor? What changes would you like to see?
- What is the incentive to practice Biblical Honor when
we see so much disrespect and so few practicing it?
- We have the ability to overcome evil through Biblical Honor. How do we tap into this ability?
- Read Romans 12:19-21. Why is returning evil for evil so difficult to overcome? What makes it so easy to react with evil when someone has disrespected us?
- Read Isaiah 5:20. Is there someone you are currently repaying with evil? (e.g., silent treatment, avoidance, gossiping) What are some ways you can begin to show them honor?
- Is there a physical place in your life that you’d love to see change to a place of peace? (e.g., workplace, home, gym, school, etc.)
- Why is there such tension there now? How could you bring love, honor, and peace to that place?
Close in Prayer