Beyond Blessed: November 16 & 17, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: What is the worst gift you ever received?
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Ephesians 2:11-22, James 5:16
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: Share one thing you didn’t understand about the world that shocked you when you learned about it.
- What does “following Jesus alone isn’t following Jesus at all” mean to you?
- How important is trust to you? Would you consider yourself quick or slow to trust others? Why do you think this is?
- Out of the stages of trust (Encouragement, Sharing Life’s Difficulties, Listen Deeply for God’s Direction, and Mutual Confession) where do you feel you are in various relationships (friendships, family, small group, etc.)?
- How would you describe transparent trust? Why is it vital for growth?
- Read James 5:16. Why do you think James tells us to confess to one another?
- Have you ever had a relationship (with a person or with a small group) that involved confession of sins? If so, what was that like? What are some of the barriers that keep us from having that kind of a relationship?
- On the busyness scale of your present life, what priority is small group? Are there elements of small group that you need more or less of?
Close in Prayer