Family30: February 22 & 23, 2020
Talk It Over with Others
ICEBREAKER:If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would it be and why?
Watch the Talk It Over Video
- In your family – mended, blended, or extended – how is insecurity impacting different relationships? What steps might you take to create healing and reinforce love?
- Think about the examples Abraham and Joseph (the earthly father of Jesus) set in their mended/blended families. What can we learn from them, good or bad, that might help us navigate our own family relationships?
- Putting God first is the best step toward seeing “wins” in our families. What might you need to change in your life to put God and your family first more often?
- How well would you say you and your family communicate? Are expectations made clear? In your conversations around expectations, how can your family improve?
- What steps can you take (as a parent, sibling, son or daughter) toward behaving consistently out of your intentions?
- Honoring our family members, especially when we’ve been hurt by them, is tough. How can you love and honor those family members better? What is love requiring of you, especially when it’s something you don’t want to do?
Close in Prayer