Christmas Magnified: December 14 & 15, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER:What is a Christmas song or movie that makes you cringe?
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Luke 2:8-18
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: If you could only celebrate Christmas with one other person, who would it be and why?
- What is one insecurity you have leading up to Christmas?
- How would you like to see God work regarding your insecurity?
- Have you ever visited with someone who was with you but distracted to the point they weren’t present?
How did that make you feel?
- In what way do you downplay how God will use you for His purposes?
- We know that God is present and invested in our life; are you present and invested in your relationship with God?
- Share a time when God has already worked in your life. Have you shared this with others? Is there someone who might benefit from hearing this story?
- The shepherds “hurried off” on their mission. What do you need to hurry off to do? What is the next step in the mission God has called you on?
Close in Prayer