Beyond Blessed: November 9 & 10, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: What historic time period would you most like to visit, and why?
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Ephesians 2, Romans 5:5-6
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which three apps would you keep?
- What does “reconciliation” mean and why is it necessary between mankind and God?
- We commonly hear that we have been “made alive in Christ,” but what does that mean?
- Read Romans 5:5-6. What is meant in verse 6, “Christ died for the ungodly?”
- What is a topic or situation that you immediately respond to emotionally? (Pastor Josh used his personal example of Outreach Magazine.)
- What is something related to that particular topic or situation that you know needs to die in yourself?
- Again, relating to that particular topic or situation, what has God accomplished in you that needs to come out?
- In what ways do you suppress the “made alive in Christ” new life that God freely gives, in Jesus and through the Holy Spirit?
- Why is it so difficult for us to fully embrace that the death of Jesus is our death, and that his resurrection is also ours? Why, when there is so much that God offers us, do we take so little?
Close in Prayer