Family30: February 15 & 16, 2020
Talk It Over with Others
ICEBREAKER: What incredibly common thing have you never done?
Watch the Talk It Over video.
- Read Philippians 2:3-4. What habits or behaviors are you ready to admit impact or hurt someone in your family? In what ways have you allowed selfishness to creep in?
- How do you justify selfish habits or behaviors? (e.g., “I do more than the others; I deserve to relax”) What are some priorities you might need to rearrange to move toward being selfless with your family?
- Read Ephesians 4:29. In what ways has unwholesome talk crept into your home? What changes can you make today that will protect those in your home from hearing unwholesome talk?
- How well do you speak words that build others up according to their needs? What can you do to encourage and build up your family members?
- Read Ephesians 6:4. What is something your parents did that completely exasperated you? Are you following in their footsteps? How have you seen yourself exasperate others?
- In your current stage of life, who are the people that you influence? How can you positively impact them? Are there things in your home that need to be thrown out or habits that need to be added?