All Rise: January 11 & 12, 2020
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
ICEBREAKER: If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
Watch the Talk It Over video.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Matthew 20:29-34
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is your ideal environment and time of the day most conducive to working, learning or being creative?
- Read Matthew 20:29-34. How does Jesus model honor in this passage?
- If the crowd had been successful in their rebuke, the two men would have quieted down, probably left, and remained blind. How does our judgement keep others blind?
- Read Titus 3:4-7. We have been saved, not because of our own righteousness, but because God loves us and shows us mercy. How does that impact how you see worth in others? What can make this difficult?
- How does honoring someone help declare worth over them?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. How can honoring someone help them see a future or a kingdom potential?
- Has anyone ever treated you with honor and called you up in such a way that it helped you see potential in yourself that you had never seen before?
Close in Prayer