Christmas Magnified: December 7 & 8, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: If you had one winter afternoon to yourself, what would you do with it?
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Luke 1:46-53
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: Have you spent time in another country? If so, what was it like?
- Where do you see materialism in your life? How can we fight the monster of materialism that can rob us of contentment?
- How have you defined “fearing God” in the past? Do you need to change how you think of that concept?
- How can you put the needs of others before your own needs and desires this Christmas?
- What would it look like for you to pause daily and ask what would God have you do with Him today?
- Are there any ways in which you are using a material or worldly thing as a substitute for Kingdom fulfillment (I just need ______, and I’d be happy)? How can you adjust your thinking around that?
- How can you invest your resources to make an impact beyond yourself?
Close in Prayer