December 29, 2019
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas unless we __________. What tradition(s) do you look forward to each year?
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: John 6:1-15
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one thing you do poorly (e.g., cooking, driving, dancing, singing)? When was the last time you tried that thing?
- Identify one goal or resolution you would like to accomplish in 2020.
- What part of the process for reaching that goal would you like to “fast forward” through or avoid?
- Thinking of the area you just identified, why don’t you want to deal with it? What worries you the most about that part of the process?
- How can you make it past that challenge? It may be changing your internal dialog or getting support from family or friends.
- Based on your answer to question 4, what might God want you to focus on – your One Word – for 2020?
- What are some fun, creative ways to remember or display your One Word throughout the year?
Close in Prayer