Compassion Weekend: February 1 & 2
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
ICEBREAKER: If you could add anyone to Mount Rushmore who would it be; why?
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
- Read Colossians 3:12. Where have you seen compassion demonstrated? How do you know if you are demonstrating compassion?
- Think about your own experiences. In what ways have you become numb to the needs around you? How do you recognize and overcome the numbness?
- What do your actions show about your heart toward others?
- Read Matthew 9:35-38. When Jesus felt compassion, it drove Him to action. What prevents you from acting when you feel compassion?
- Read 1 John 3:16-17. What are some specific situations where God is calling you to show His love? How can you use what you have to show compassion to others?
- Ask God to give you to give you an opportunity to show compassion to someone this week. Share with your group what happens.
- What can you do as an individual or small group as a regular rhythm to foster compassion?