Out of the Quiet Week 6: Talk It Over with Others
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER:You have to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for a full year. What word would you choose to be on the shirt?
REFERENCE: Mark 1:35, Chapter 10 of Leading Me by Steve A. Brown
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: If you were given an extra hour each day, how would you spend it?
- Do you feel like you are responsible for saving the world? What would it look like to just focus on making a dent?
- What are the most important ways for you to be spending your time – your “big rocks”? Looking ahead to this week, what are the things that threaten to take away time from your big rocks?
- What is your rhythm? Are there times of the day when you function better than others? How can you maximize that time?
- Where is your quiet place? Schedule some time with yourself for some “balcony time”.
- Is there a project that you have been too overwhelmed to begin or is always being postponed? What could you accomplish if you worked on it for 30 minutes each day?
- Are you a multitasker? What do you need to remove from your environment to help you focus?
- What filter do you use to determine when you need to say “No” to a request? You may need to practice saying “No” to things that are filtered out.
- How well do you delegate things to others? What are you doing that you should be allowing someone else to do
Close in prayer.