Out of the Quiet Week 5: Talk It Over with Others
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: If you could eat at only one restaurant for the next year, which would it be?
REFERENCE: Chapter 9 & Appendix 1 (p159) of Leading Me by Steve Brown
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one thing you accomplished that you are very proud of?
- Do you know someone who has a definite calling from God and lives that out in their life?
- Do you truly believe that God has a significant purpose for you in His mission? Do you know what that is?
- Is it hard for you to talk about what your gifts? Why or why not? If you were asked ‘what do you do well?’ could you answer with confidence? As a group, call out ICNU statements to other group members.
- In each square of the Tic-Tac-Toe board, write down one word or phrase about yourself at your best when you are serving, working or doing (ie: teach, encourage, care)
- Categorize the 9 words or phrases from the Tic-Tac-Toe board into the following categories:
- Spiritual Intimacy
- In Service
- Using what you know about how God has gifted and called you, write out your personal vision statement.
- Do you need to make any changes to help you live out what God has called you to do with your unique gifts?
Close in Prayer