Out of the Quiet Week 4: Talk It Over with Others
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER: If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is from Chapters 6-9 from the book Leading Me by Steve A. Brown and 2 Timothy 2:21 .
Watch Pastor Josh’s Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is one thing on your “bucket list?”
- Do you think of your body as instrumental or ornamental? How might you need to change your thinking?
- Sleep: What do you need to address in this area? What action steps will you take?
- Nutrition: What do you need to address in this area? What action steps will you take?
- Exercise: What do you need to address in this area? What action steps will you take?
- Rest & Renewal: What do you need to address in this area? What action steps will you take?
- Where is your place of peace? How can you go about finding it if you haven’t found your place yet?
- What distractions do you need to eliminate? What practical steps can you take? (I.e., park the phone after 6:00pm, remove the Facebook app from your phone)
- What would look different in your life if you made your physical health a true priority?
Close in prayer.
Resource – Prayer for Sleep from the New Zealand Prayer Book:
Lord, it is night.The night is for stillness.
Let us be still in the presence of God.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done;
I entrust all to you.
The night is dark.
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives rest in you.
The night is quiet.
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us, all dear to us, and all who have no peace.
The night heralds the dawn.
Let us look expectantly to a new day, new joys, new possibilities.
In your name we pray. Amen.