Out of the Quiet Week 2: Talk It Over with Others
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is based on Chapter 4 of the book Leading Me by Steve A. Brown. If you didn’t get a chance to read Chapter 4, that’s okay; we’ll explore it together.
Watch Pastor Josh’s Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: Do you enjoy watching horror movies, going to haunted houses, or going on thrill rides?
- Do you have any cords of unforgiveness?
- What do you fear? How have you trusted God with this fear?
- Finish this sentence: “People always say I am _________.” How do you feel when you hear that? Who would you be if that was suddenly not true anymore?
- Read James 5:16 out loud together. Then read the second paragraph on page 68 which begins with “James 5:16 adds…”. Who is in your life today that you can confess your sins to?
- Can you recall an insult or an unfavorable comment someone said to you or about you that has stuck with you? Go around the group and declare these as lies and replace them with words of truth.
- What have you declared never, ever to do or allow to happen again? Why do you want to rule over this area of your life rather than trusting God with it?
- From Page 71: Bungee cords can be related to your spiritual, emotional, relational or competency issues in your life.
Can you identify any bungee cords that may be holding you back right now?
- From page 71: If the evil one were seeking your downfall, what area do you think he would target? How can you guard this area?
- How do we unhook our bungee cords and move forward to grow?
Close in prayer.