Heroes: Week 9 – TALK IT OVER with Others
This week’s complete Talk It Over.
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Would you rather meet your travel back in time to meet your ancestors or to the future to meet your descendants?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is from Acts 7:20-38. Please read this together in your Small Group before proceeding.
Watch Pastor Jeff’s Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
DISCUSSION STARTER: What is a scene you remember about the life of Moses? Maybe this is a Sunday School story or something you learned in church, or in a movie. Scan Exodus to discover any you may have missed.
- What pleasure, possession or position would you have a very difficult time walking away from?
- In verse 34, we learn that God is sending Moses back to the chaos of Egypt. What emotions or thoughts do you think Moses might have been experiencing when he heard this?
- What good could possibly come from God asking you to return to chaos He has already rescued you from?
- What are some things you worry about happening if you say “yes” to serving God the way He asks you to?
- How do you see yourself in Moses’s story? How can you learn from the life of Moses?
- In what ways are you choosing the investment of eternity over the temptation of the here and now?
- In what ways do you need to improve on your eternal investments?
Close in prayer.
Consider praying in smaller groups or pairs.