Heroes: Week 7 – TALK IT OVER with Others
This week’s complete Talk It Over.
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): You can have an unlimited supply of one tangible item for the rest of your life, what is it?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is from Hebrews 11:35-40. Please read this together in your Small Group before proceeding.
Watch the Talk It Over video.
DISCUSSION STARTER: Have you ever completely given up on something (a project, learning a new skill) because it was just too hard to figure out?
- What are some reasons that God does not always deliver those who trust and have faith in Him?
- Do you think there was any joy at all for these people of faith who continued to suffer?
- How does scripture describe the “Other Group” (Hebrews 11:38)?
- What did the “Other Group” obtain? What did they not? (Hebrews 11:39-40)?
- Do you think it’s fair that some faith-filled people are delivered from their difficulties while others are chosen to continue to go through theirs?
- How do these verses encourage you to endure what difficulties you might face?
- What would it look like for God to be in charge of you at all times? What does it mean for God to own you?
- As Christians, we strive to be “all in” and to have faith in God no matter the circumstances that might arise from our decision to follow Him. What are you holding back from God?
Close in prayer. Consider praying in smaller groups or pairs.