Heroes: Week 6 – TALK IT OVER with Others
This week’s complete Talk It Over.
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Would you eat it again?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is from Genesis 12:1-4 and Genesis 17:4-7. Please read this together in your Small Group before proceeding.
Watch the Talk It Over video.
- What has been spoken into you? What have others said they’ve seen in you? Do you believe it?
- How has God confirmed what others have seen in you?
- How have what others seen in you confirmed what you quietly think but dare not give voice to?
- What is the danger of not revealing an ICNU to someone else when it is on your heart?
- What is the danger of forcing an ICNU when it isn’t heartfelt?
- In what ways have you been impacted by the what someone has shared they’ve seen in you? Did you make any changes from that?
- Abraham waited 24-years after the calling God placed on his life to “see results.” Why do you think we sometimes wait a long time before we, too, see the results of our own calling?
- Together as a group read aloud the promise of Genesis 12:2: “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.” Does God ever break his promises?
Close in prayer. Consider praying in smaller groups or pairs.