Heroes: Week 3 – TALK IT OVER with Others
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Do you prefer watching a movie at home or at a theater?
SCRIPTURE/DISCUSSION STARTER: This week’s Talk It Over guide is based on the story of Noah, found in Genesis 6:9-9:17. Two options on getting into Noah’s story – (1) Prior to group, ask someone to share the story of Noah at small group. Encourage them to share it as if your group has never heard it before. (2) Ask the group to think of as many details about the story as possible. This could also be facilitated as a game – break up into groups, write down as many details as you can in 90 seconds, and the group with the most details wins!
Watch Pastor Jeff’s Talk It Over video…
- Fun Fact: Did you know the length-to-width-to-height ratio of 300 x 50 x 30 Noah used for the ark is what shipbuilders today often use? This is the best ratio for stability in stormy weather. God thinks of everything!
- What might it have felt like to be Noah building the ark?
- How do you handle criticism, the feeling of being judged, or even teasing?
- Has the fear of ‘what will people think?’ ever stopped you from doing something you knew God was calling you to do?
- What God-sized dream would you pursue if you didn’t have to worry about the thoughts or opinions of other people?
- Is there a situation in your life where you feel that you are standing alone for God? How are you handling it?
- The story of Noah is a story of God’s love, justice and faithfulness when we need to begin again with Him. In your life, where do you need to begin again with Him?
- God didn’t need Noah to build an ark; God chose Noah and invited him to do something that far surpassed anything Noah would have planned for himself. What will you miss out on if you decline God’s invitation for your life?
Close in prayer. Consider praying in smaller groups or pairs.