Heroes: Week 2 – TALK IT OVER with Others
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): What is your favorite thing about summer?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is based on the story of Gideon in Judges 6:1-14 & 7:1-7. Please read this together in your Small Group before watching the video.
Watch Jeff and Andy in this week’s Talk It Over video
- Andy finished the video with a few questions. Choose one or two that would be good for your small group to discuss.
- How has God used a difficult situation to transform your understanding of the Holy Spirit?
- Are you in a season of mundane or waiting? How is God shaping your heart during this time?
- When was the last time you saw the Holy Spirit at work in you or around you?
- What is the biggest doubt (or question) about God and faith that you are wrestling with right now?
- In what way does Gideon blame God for his troubles in Judges 6:13? In what way do you blame God for your current (or a past) situation?
- Finish this sentence: “Up until now, I have been _____________. “
- Gideon needed help to see himself as God saw him. If God had one word to share with you about who you are in Him, what word do you think He would choose? [This could easily be a prayer exercise for your small group. Invite God to speak to each group member and then provide time to listen to God silently. After a minute or two, wrap up with a prayer and then share what God revealed.]
- How can our own self‐perception prevent us from becoming what God has made us to be?
- Are you willing to allow God to work through you? What scares you most about saying yes?
Close in prayer together as a small group.