Heroes: Week 1 – TALK IT OVER with Others
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): What is one thing you are really good at?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is based on the story of Cain and Abel in Genesis 4:1-16. Please read this together in your Small Group before watching the video.
Watch Pastor Jeff’s Talk It Over video
DISCUSSION STARTER: A familiar school lesson is to ask students to write about a hero in their lives. Have you ever done this? Who did you write about? Growing up, who was your hero?
- Do you want to be a hero? Why or why not?
- When was the last time you truly stepped out in faith?
- What does faith look like in your situation right now?
- Describe a time when you may have done the good deed or given the great gift, but your heart wasn’t really in it. How does the relationship itself affect the act or gift?
- What is your first response when you are backed into a corner? A stubborn response? Or a surrendered one?
- How can you reword your situation right now to a God-focused one?
- The last part of Hebrews 11:4 states, “And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.” Do you know of someone in your personal life whose faith lives on even though they have passed away?
- What might God be calling you to? Encourage each other in how you see God working in each other’s lives.