Say What?: Week 7 – TALK IT OVER with Others
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
SCRIPTURE: This week’s Talk It Over guide is based on Matthew 25:1-13, The Parable of the Ten Virgins. Please read this together in your Small Group before proceeding.
Watch Pastor Josh’s Talk It Over video
DISCUSSION STARTER: Describe a time when you had to wait longer than you expected to. Maybe it was for a scheduled appointment, flight, or to receive payment for a debt. How did waiting for what you expected make you feel?
- In our walks with God all of us at some point will get discouraged and perhaps feel like giving up. What must we remind ourselves so that we stay hungry and don’t get apathetic (indifferent)?
- On a Passion Scale from 0-10, where is your passion right now?
- When in your life were you most passionate?
- What spurs your passion with God?
- What causes apathy, or indifference, in your faith?
- Are you aware that God is up to something right NOW? Share a story of where you’ve recently seen (or heard) God work.
- Why is sharing our stories of how God has worked/is working in our lives important to those currently in the season of waiting?
- What is some practical advice regarding how to live with a sense of urgency? What can we do while we continue to ‘Keep Watch’?
Close in prayer. Consider praying in smaller groups or pairs.