Journey Through John- Believe
- Fill in the blank…believe it or not I can (or have)_______________. Ie. Jumped out of a plane, eaten shark, been in a movie, speak Chinese, etc.
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- John is trying to argue that Jesus is someone worth believing in. In John 1:1-3, he uses this word logos which has great meaning to both Jew and Gentiles. For both it was a word that indicated the identity of God himself or the greatest force of purpose, meaning, or substance. Why is it important that Jesus was “in the beginning” and played a part in creation?
- In John 1:4-5 he liken Jesus to light. What sticks out to you in these verses? What do you think the phrase “darkness has not understood it” means?
- In Verses 6-9 we see how John the Baptist was a witness to testify concerning Jesus. Pastor Josh talked about how all we have to do is be a witness to the great substance we’ve experienced with God working in our lives. Share with the group a time in your life when you experienced a new level of depth in the substance of God.
- Read John 3:19-21. John continues the theme of light coming into the world. What observations stick out to you in these verses?