“Stumbling Toward Perfection: Week 2”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
Find this week’s Small Group Video from Pastor Josh Below
ICEBREAKER (optional): Have you heard a new joke recently? Share it with the group.
WATCH VIDEO TOGETHER AS A GROUP
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share. (Peter’s story is found in John 20 & 21)
- SHEPHERDING: This weekend we heard a “get back up again” story from the life of Peter. Can you think of a time in your life when you’ve felt like Peter? When did you have a “get back up again” moment with Jesus?
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: As you think about these moments in your life, what has God used speak to you in the middle of these seasons? What did He use to propel you out of a stumble?
- Think back to Jesus’ response to Peter after his stumble. What stands out to you most? What does Jesus’ response to Peter say about God’s response to you when you stumble?
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Read Hebrews 10:19-25. Then ask…
- This passage starts where we left off at Lakeland – communion/body and blood of Jesus. We often talk about forgiveness but what else did Jesus’ sacrifice do for us (according to this passage)?
- Verse 22 says that we need to be cleansed from guilt. How do our stumbles relate to the feeling of guilt? Why is guilt such a powerful weapon against us? What are the long term effects of a disciple of Jesus plagued by guilt?
- Re-read verse 23. This verse suggests that we could profess hope but not hold to it. Do you agree? How is that possible? What might that look like? Explain your answer.
- This passage ends by casting vision for the power of friendships among followers of Jesus. What do these verses tell us about the importance of our small group? How can we (as a group) fulfill this vision more?
- SHEPHERDING: Peter was given a fresh start with Jesus! What is thrilling, inviting, and fun about a fresh start? Is there an area of your life that you need a fresh start? Pray about these things as a small group.