The Sacred Secular Divide- Truth
- This week in the Sacred Secular Divide we are talking about knowledge and truth. Most of us are specialist in knowledge in certain things. Share something you know a lot about that your group may not be aware of.
- What insights, aha moments, or discussions did the message bring out for you?
- In 1 Corinthians 3:4-6, 18-23, Paul is talking about how the people in Corinth were taking sides on who they thought were the wisest and worth following. To which Paul says, all things are theirs. Meaning, all truth is God’s truth…and you own all of it. Are there areas of thinking that you’ve not allowed God into? What areas of thinking in culture where God is usually not invitedinto?
- We see in scripture how Paul uses things in the world to point people to Jesus. Ie. The idol to the unknown god, quoting local poets, etc. What everyday things in culture that could be used to point people to Jesus?
- Are there any areas of your thinking that you are concerned are not in alignment with the Word of God? Or perhaps beliefs you have which you wonder what the Word of God says in regards to it?