Fresh Start- Strength and Courage
- If you could pick only one, to either have more strength or more courage, which would you choose and why?
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- Read Deut. 31:6-8, 23, and Joshua 1:5-9. How is God’s presence connected to strength and courage? Have you ever experienced strength and courage from God because you knew He was with you?
- Read John 14:16-17, 26-27. Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the Advocate. How does the Spirit act as an advocate to or for us?
- Read Joshua 5:13-14. The response of the commander of the army of the Lord indicates that God does not follow man, but man is meant to follow God’s lead? Pastor Josh used mannequins to illustrate the idea of who is leading whom. While both are “with each other”. God is meant to lead, and when He leads He provides us with strength and courage. In your life, who has been leading?
- Pastor Josh asked is God your mascot or your Lord? What does it look like when He’s your mascot, what does it look like when He’s your Lord?