“Take the Lead: When a Storm Approaches”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): What is the most memorable place that you have seen fireworks?
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- This weekend we heard “A godly leader can remain calm in the storm because they know Who can control the winds and waves.” We also heard that in crisis, “you can exercise fear or faith, but you can’t exercise both.” Tell us about someone who you saw walk through a storm and you respected the way they navigated the storm.
- SHEPHERDING: When you think of the last few storms in life, how have you typically responded to these storms? What would you do the same? What would you do differently?
- ACCOUNTABILITY/DEVELOPING OTHERS: We are going to read a well-known passage of Scripture but let’s read it from a leader’s point of view. Read Philippians 3:13-14. What truths are shared in these verses?
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: As leaders, how do we influence others to live out these truths?
- What do you think God wants us to know the most in the midst of a storm? (Maybe you can apply this to any big or small storms that that you are facing in this season)