“Tim and Dena: Hogar De Vida”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Are you a collector of anything? What do you collect? Or have you ever been a collector? Tell the group about that.
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- This weekend we talked to Tim and Dena (Directors at Hogar De Vida) who are living ON MISSION every day. Have you ever been on a mission trip? If so, tell us about one significant moment where you learned more about God, the world, and Christianity?
- SHEPHERDING: Much of Tim’s story was about the struggle of getting on the same page with God’s plans for his life. Have you ever experienced something like this? Share about this.
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: How would you advise others on how to find God’s plan and follow God’s plans for their lives?
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Turn to Romans 10:13-14, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, and Matthew 24:14. What stands out to you the most in these verses? What do these verses teach us about God’s heart for world? What does it teach us about God’s plans for our lives? Anything else that we learn from these verses?
- ON MISSION: Dena said, “We are sent ones wherever we are.” What does “sent ones” mean? Where has God sent you in this season of your life?