February 8 & 9, 2020
A Conversation Guide for Small Groups
ICEBREAKER: When someone finds out your name, what you do, or where you are from, what question do they always ask you?
Watch the Talk It Over video. Find this at www.lakeland.church under Messages/Small Group Resources.
- Read Acts 16:32-34. What holds you back from making positive changes to your family right now?
- Read 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 and Ephesians 5:21-28.
What are the challenges and advantages to your role in your family?
- Submissive means to “support the mission.” What is your family’s mission? How are you supporting the mission?
- Being as honest as you can, is God central in your day-to-day life with your family? Or is He more of an add-on or in the background? What changes do you need to make?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, rate how well you do the following:
- Intentionally give time to your family.
- Pray for, with, and over your family.
- Create and communicate clear expectations, guidelines and consequences to help your family do life better together.
- Serve others together as a family.
*Remember, even if you are single, you still have family: parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, etc.)
- Name two things you could intentionally do to invest in your family this week.