Battleground- Doing the Word
- Share something that’s been on your “to do list” forever. As much as you want to get to it…you just never do it.
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- Check out these passages of scripture. 1 Chron. 22:12, Isaiah 1:19, Proverbs 3:1, Duet. 28:1-2, James 1:25. How have you personally seen obedience produce something in your life?
- Pastor Josh talked through 3 reasons why we often struggle to obey the Word of God. Discuss each…what stood out to you as you heard these talked about?
- We get caught in a bad pattern (specifically a pattern coming back to sin)
- We hold a view of unsanctified mercy (we offer mercy where God is not)
- We lack a strategy (we don’t know what to do)
- The most simplistic strategy for obedience begins in meditation on God’s Word and the declaration of God’s Word over you. Why and how do these produce obedience?
- Pastor Josh walked through Psalm 1:1-3. As you consider the 3 postures in verse 1 that can lead to sin…what insights do you have for helping you keep free from sin and walk in obedience?