Battleground- Speaking the Word
- Has anyone ever said something to you that changed the trajectory of your life? What did they say?
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- How have you seen words display the power that these verses describe? Proverbs 10:11, 12:18, 15:4, 18:21.
- Pastor Josh talked about God’s Perspective and God’s Directive in Joel 3:1-2, 9-10. Their Directive is to speak God’s Perspective. What stands out to you as you read this passage of scripture? What do you think God’s Perspective is over your life? Is it easy or difficult to declare it over your life? Why or why not?
- In Isaiah 52:7-9 we observe a group of people in a ruined city declaring peace, salvation, God reigning, His comfort and His redemption over the city, prior to all it happening. What could this example mean for us as believers?
- Is there a specific verse you think you should be praying over your life right now? (Take some time to help each person in the group find a verse to pray over their life.) Consider ending your small group time by praying scripture over one another.