Together read Proverbs 13:20
1. Notice Solomon doesn’t say that being around a fool makes us a fool. What does he say? How is it different from how he talks about being around wise people?
2. Share a personal story of “a companion of fools suffers harm.”
3. What does Solomon say about the importance of being around wise people? Share a personal story of “he who walks with the wise grow wise.”
4. What do you think Solomon means by the word “walks”? What would that look like in your life?
Principle- who we listen to will influence what we do!
5. Who or what are some common things that we tend to listen to?
Together read 2 Chronicles 18:1-15 28-34.
6. What surprises you about this story? What are some of the things “we can see coming?”
7. Micaiah is the lone voice of wisdom in this story. Why do you think it is so hard to listen to someone like Micaiah?
8. Do you have a story where someone tried to warn you about a decision, but you chose to ignore them? Please share it.
9. Do you have a Micaiah in your life? If so, talk about that person. If not, share with the group steps you are going to take to get one.