At The Movies- Sully
- What group of people have you always been for and what group have you always been against? (ie. Sports teams, political parties, hobbies, etc)
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- This week we were looking at how there are times when we dehumanize others simply because it’s easier to be against them when we no longer see them as human. We see a woman who has been dehumanized brought before Jesus in John 8:1-11. Pastor Josh talked through 3 warning signs that we might be dehumanizing another individual. Discuss each and how we can fall into these traps.
- We ignore known facts/ or use selective information.
- We choose not to look at our own sin/ issues.
- We lose sight of the destructive nature of sin upon the individual.
- Ephesians 4:17-19 describes how our hearts can lose a sensitivity to the things of God. Have you ever seen in yourself or another when sin takes you away you start to lose sensitivity to others, to the things of God, and ignorant actions are the result?