Breaking Bad- The Law of the Seesaw
- Fill in the blanks. “No matter how good my day is, __________will bring me down.” “No matter how bad my day is, _________ will lift me up.”
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- This week in Breaking Bad Pastor Josh set the stage with The Law of the Seesaw. It’s the idea that you can never have both sides up at the same time. In the same way we can’t live by the values of culture and the values of God at the same time. What value of God’s kingdom do you most desire to elevate in your life?
- 1 John 2:15-17 challenges us that we can’t love both the world and God. Discuss these 3 elements from the world, where do you see these in culture? How do these creep into our daily lives?
- Lust of the flesh. This is the craving of our own selfish desires.
- Lust of the eyes. This is the craving of what you see. The enemy knows we each are attracted to very different things.
- Pride of life. This is whatever status symbol is important to me or seems to define my identity.
- Read Matthew 13:44-46. Pastor Josh made 3 observations about going after the Kingdom of God. What does it mean for us to go after the kingdom of God with these 3 ideas in mind?
- There are no short cuts.
- It ultimately will bring joy.
- It may cost you whatever you value most today.
- What area(s) in your life are still most impacted and influenced by the world? What area(s) in your life have you seen change in because they’ve been influenced by His kingdom?