Journey Through John- Faith Moves Heaven
Ice Breaker (pick one)
- Fill in the blank: You’ll never believe this about me but ____________. (the more extreme the better)
- Play 2 truths and 1 lie. Everyone write down 2 truths and 1 lie on a sheet of paper. Collect them and have an individual read one sheet at a time. Everyone guesses which statement they believe is the lie…if they are correct they get a point. (Honor system for scoring points)
Diving In (Group Leaders-pick questions that you feel will best help your group be challenged and grow)
Read John 2:1-11
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- Read John 1:14, Phil. 2:6-8. Discuss the difference between Jesus functioning out of his “Godness” vs. him functioning out of his humanness living in full submission to the Father empowered by the Spirit. Why does this matter for us?
- Pastor Josh talked about the “something” that happened between verse 4 and 5…and that “something” was Mary’s faith moving heaven. Discuss the statement, faith moves heaven, so that heaven will move earth.
- Verse 11 refers to this miracle revealing His glory. Read 2 Cor. 3:17-18. How do we reflect His glory into our culture and what does that mean?
- Verse 11 says the disciples put their faith in Jesus. Pastor Josh talked about the shift in their minds from belief to great belief, faith to greater faith. Where/what do you believe about God but struggle to place your faith in Him?
- Discuss the 2 things observed in this passage that faith does: 1. Faith draws heaven to earth. 2. Faith encourages and initiates faith in others.