Obedience…the good, the bad, and the ugly of obedience.
- This week we’re talking about being “all in” with your heart. We all have things that capture our hearts and we can’t help but go “all in”. What’s that for you? (ie. Sport or sports team, hobby, activity, relationship)
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- Let’s start at the end of Jonah 4. Read verses 10-11. We see how Jonah’s heart is concerned about a vine while God’s heart is concerned about the city and the people. While Jonah might have obeyed and brought the message…his heart was not in it. How do we fall into being obedient to God, but our heart not being in it?
- Pastor Josh observed 5 downfalls to rebellious obedience. Verses 3-9. What sticks out to you in each of these? Do you have an example of it in your own life or something you’ve witnessed? Is there anything startling to you about each of these?
- You whine and complain.
- You make issues out of things that are not issues.
- You lose sight of your life purpose.
- You argue illogically.
- Your heart will desire things that are in opposition to the heart of God.
- Consider Revelations 3:14-16, 19-22. Jeremiah 29:12-14. What observations do you have from these verses?
- Are there areas of your life where you lack heart or are luke-warm (or rebelliously obedient)? What’s one step you can take this week to shift out of lacking heart?