Jonah 3- Humility and Mercy
- This week we are talking about humility. Fill in the blank to this statement: If I had to do the following_______________ I would probably be humiliated. Ie…sing in front of a crowd, dance for others, cook a special meal, etc)
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- In verses 1-2, Jonah is repeated the same command. Sometimes we wish God would move us onto the next thing in life, while he is actually waiting for us to still fulfill the original call. Is there anything you know God is calling you to do, that you keep putting off and need to fulfill?
- Pastor Josh talked about how Jonah’s appearance, story, and message might have just been what the people of Nineveh needed to believe God. Have you had an experience where you knew God was specifically trying to get your attention? Did it result in some type of lifestyle change or did you eventually ignore it and move on with life as usual?
- Read Jonah 5-9. What sticks out to you in regards to humility and repentance modeled here?
- The Ninevites experience God’s mercy (verse 10). How important is daily humility and God’s mercy for the mindset of the New Testament Christ follower? Other references to consider…Eph. 2:3-5, Romans 12:3.