Jonah 2 – Face to Face with God
- It’s time for a staring contest. Pair up in your small groups and have a stare off. First to blink loses. Winners, find another winner and compete again till you have a final champion…(a champion with really dry eyes)
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- We began this week in the final verse of chapter 1. Verse 17 say that the great fish was a provision from God. We sometimes think of Jonah’s time in the fish as punishment, but instead, it is a provision of quiet time to reflect and process for Jonah. Have you ever had something happen in your life in which you first perceived it to be bad (or a punishment from God) yet later saw how it was a great gift from God?
- This gift from God is really a time of removing all the distractions and excuses from Jonah. What excuses have you made that have kept you from walking where you think the Lord might be calling you?
- Verses 1-7, Jonah is reflecting on where his rebellion has brought him. What insights, questions, or observations stand out to you in these verses?
- Verse 9 Jonah seems to shift from mourning to praise, worship, commitment to his call, and a declaration that salvation is from God. Pastor Josh challenged us that sometimes we need to shift to these things prior to “feeling them” as an act of our faith in action. Why and how is this effective in our Christian walk?