- If you had to give a one-word response that embodies joy to you in each these categories what would it be? Food/ Location/ Activity/ Clothing Item/ Friend
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- Galatians 5:22-23 included Joy as a fruit of the Spirit. Have you experienced the Spirit of God produce one these fruits in your life when your situation was completely contrary to that fruit that was produced? Example-you had compassion for someone that did not deserve your love or you had joy when there was no good reason to have joy.
- Read John 15:1-11. Discuss the following verses.
- Verses 1-2- How does God cut out things in our lives that don’t produce fruit? How does God prune things that do produce fruit?
- Verses 4-5-In light of verses 4&5 what did Jonathon Edwards mean when he said “The happiness Christ gives his people, is participation in His own happiness.”?
- Verses 8-10- How is obedience connected to our joy in Jesus?
- For this last question break up into 2 smaller groups (Split in half or men and women) Share with one another around the following questions then take some time to pray for one another. (maybe pray for the person on your right) Where do you need God’s joy in your life? How could they pray for you specifically this week?