- This week we launched into a new series called The Sacred Secular Divide. We often separate “Christian” things from our “regular” things. What are some things you naturally separate? Ie…work and church, music, movies, etc…
- 2 Cor. 6:1 says, “As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.” If we co-labor with Him and He is divine then there is no separation of sacred and secular. How does it impact you to think about God being involved in everything you’re involved in?
- Read Isaiah 61:1-7. Discuss each of the following portions of scripture and consider the question associated with each set of verses.
- Verses 1-2. How can you relate to the brokenhearted, the captive, and the prisoner?
- Verse 3-How has Jesus redeemed you as well?
- Verses 4-5- “they” are the ones who will rebuild the ruined cities. What is challenging about the fact that it is the prisoners and captives who are saved that do the work of the ministry?
- Verses 6-7- “they” are called priest and ministers. What does it mean for you to operate as a priest and minister? Consider 1 Peter 2:5, 9 / Rev 1:5-6.
- How or why do you feel inadequate to operate as a minister of God? How could you take a more intention step to co-labor with God this week?