Taboo- The Word as Our Authority
- What was a taboo subject in your home growing up, a subject everyone knew they had to avoid?
- What jumped out at you from the message on Sunday? A verse, thought, story, etc…
- This week as we dive into Taboo we’re talking about Word of God as our guide. We talked about the Word of God as being Inspired (2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21) and Inerrant (Matthew 5:17). Why do Christians sometime lack confidence in the Word of God? What other arguments do you hear in our world to disprove the validity of the Word of God? Do you have a good response to those arguments?
- Pastor Josh emphasized the life and death of the disciples as an argument for the validity of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. How does this argument stir your thinking?
- We also discussed how to approach Taboo subjects with grace as family. Reread 1 Cor. 8:4-13. How does Paul approach here impact how we disagree with other believers?
Additional Resources to Consider:
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. Consider reading the book or watching the movie (released this past year) as a small group.
The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell