Fresh Start- Remember
- If you could go back and remember the details of one thing in your life, what would it be?
- Today we’re talking about the importance of remembering. In the book of Deuteronomy it is repeated 16 times to remember. Why is reminding yourself about the truths in God’s word important? How is it an important principle that helps you grow in your walk with Him?
- There were 2 areas Pastor Josh talked about which we are to remember. The first are the instructions of the Lord. Read Deut. 32:46-47. How do you personally practice reminding yourself about the instructions found in scripture? Perhaps you could share one truth from God’s Word that you have to remember (or remind yourself about) often.
- The second thing Pastor Josh talked about remembering were memories. Specifically, memories of God’s faithfulness and power displayed in your life. Pastor Josh referred to Joshua chapters 3-4 where the Israelites gathered stones to remind themselves of the crossing of the Jordan River. Where has God showed His power and faithfulness in your life in the past?
- We don’t simply remember for fun…God has the people practice remembering to create forward movement into the promise land. What next step in your walk with God have you been hesitant to take?