“Life Hacks: Relationships”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): What is the biggest way that you have changed since you were a child? In what ways are you the same?
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- What do you consider to be the best advice or life hack that you have about relationships, marriage, or dating?
- This weekend’s message taught on Matthew 19:8 where Jesus reminds us that God has a plan for marriage and relationships “from the beginning.” In your opinion, what are some of the biggest ways that our culture has strayed from God’s plan?
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: One of the major topics that Solomon tackles in the book of Proverbs is relationships. The way people treat one another in friendship and in the home is a direct reflection of their faith. Turn to one of these verses, read it, and teach the group what it says and how we should apply it to our lives – Proverbs 18:24; Proverbs 17:17; Proverbs 30:17; Proverbs 15:1; Proverbs 25:20; Proverbs 13:20; Proverbs 25:17. (Note: You could assign each person a verse or if you have more people have two people look up and discuss the same verse. Then have person/pair teach the truths to the rest of the group.)
- SHEPHERDING/ACCOUNTABILITY: Of all the truths that we shared, which one did you need to hear the most tonight? How will you put this truth into practice this week in your marriage, dating relationship, or friendships?
- ON MISSION: How has God positioned you to be a voice of truth for Him on the topics of dating, marriage, and relationships? What is something this week that you can do to influence others to God’s plan in this area?