In The Storm
Read all of Psalm 107
- Name the problems or challenges each group is faced with.
- How do their problems translate into our problems today?
- How did each group see God’s faithfulness and love for them in the situation they were going through?
- Share a story of when you have personally gone through a storm and have seen God’s goodness and love.
- If you’re in the middle of a storm right now, how can the group come around you and partner with you in prayer? Practice some of the principles of giving thanks, recognizing that the Lord is good, and crying out to Him.
Verses for deeper study:
John 16:33 (Troubles in this life – Jesus has overcome)
Romans 5:8 (How we know what true love is)
Acts 4:12 (Through the name of Jesus there is rescue)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (God’s will for us to give thanks)