“Times They Are A Changin’: Week 2”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- This weekend we talked about how people are only comfortable with sharing what is on the surface. Why is that? What contributes to this reality? Do you think this is cultural or learned?
- SHEPHERDING: In small group, we are making disciples in relational environments. In your opinion, what is needed to build a relational environment that moves beyond the surface?
- In Mark 5, we heard about Jesus arriving on the shore and meeting a demon possessed man. Jesus brought a tension to this man’s life and the community. When the Kingdom of God collides with the world, the tension and struggle is felt. Are you currently experiencing a tension like this anywhere in your life? If so, share more.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Let’s read 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Galatians 1:6-10; 1 John 2:15-17. What stands out to you in these passages? How would you describe the tension between the things of the world and the things of God? As a disciple of Jesus, what does this mean for us in our daily lives?
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: Are you settling for “being okay with being okay”? How is God inviting you into a tension toward real change?