“At Just the Right Time: Peace”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Would you rather always take a cold shower or always wake up an hour before you need to?
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- SHEPHERDING: This weekend we talked about peace. The message closed with the truth that trust in God is what ultimately leads you to peace. How did you finish the sentence “If I trust that God _________ then I can _____________”? [Leader’s Note: Take time here to share life with each other and ask follow up questions when prompted.]
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: Is it easy or difficult for you to really trust God? Why?
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Let’s read Psalm 37:3-7. [After reading…] What are some of the commands given in Psalm 37? When we trust God, what are some of the promises that are mentioned in this passage? [Leader’s Note: The ESV translation of this passage is profound. Consider reading through ESV after you’ve read it with NIV or other translations]
- Where do you find the idea of peace in Psalm 37? What does this look like in the life of a disciples of Jesus today?
- ON MISSION: Reread verse 6 [again, ESV might be helpful here]. In a world of unrest and lack of peace, our trust in God and peace can shine into the lives of others. Where is Christ prompting you to be a peace-bearer?